Thursday, April 7, 2011

So I pretty much gave up on this blog...

That's ok though. It's going to be more of a fitness journal for me to log my exercise and food, not daily, but whenever I feel like it.

I just started working out again. I mean, it's been a long time. Months. Before the holidays. I was using the holidays as an excuse to not work out, but now it is clearly past the holidays, so I have no more excuses. And let's face it. The weather is getting nice, and I'm gonna have to start wearing less clothing. So I wanna look (and feel) remotely good in my summer clothes. I gave up on bathing suits and shorts a long time ago. Oh, and tank tops. Now I find myself not even wanting to wear short sleeves or capris! I need to get back in shape! 

So I started working out again this week, with my man. That helps, of course. A little extra boost of motivation. So I went to the gym Sunday. Did the treadmill for a mile. Did the elliptical for 10 minutes. I'm not trying to run a marathon here people. Just taking baby steps. Because I know my measly 30 minutes in the gym, as crappy as that seems, is better than nothing and just spending that time laying on the couch instead. I felt like crap Monday, so I didn't go to the gym. And Tuesday we planned to go but it didn't work out. It got too late. So we went again last night, Wednesday night. And I did the same thing.... 1 mile on the treadmill, and 10 minutes on the elliptical. It has been so long since I've been in the gym, I really am just trying to focus on being able to do cardio. The strength training can wait a bit. I've sprained my ankle three times and it is very weak, and starts hurting midway through my mile. It is so discouraging that I'm in discomfort and pain before even a mile. How do people run marathons or even half marathons? Heck, I'm even hoping to be able to do a 5K one of these days. I'll be super proud if I do that! But I dunno how to make my ankle feel better. I get discouraged on the treadmill since it hurts my ankle, but the elliptical doesn't strain it.

So there you have it.... 2 days back in the gym. I doubt we are going today... PJ is working late. Plus I am trying to do every other day. So I'm not too sore, and not too burnt out on it. 

Man, I hate working out. 

Why can't we all just be skinny and eat whatever we want?

3 comments:

  1. do what ever works for you :) best of luck in all you do !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Desi. Thanks for the follow on my block - I'm following you now too. I workout everyday. My advice is find something you don't hate - may be a team sport - the treadmill isn't for every one. Do you like dancing? May be join a salsa club. As long as you are moving and breaking a sweat, you're getting a something out of it (plus you get to eat brownies without too much guilt).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops that was meant to be blog up there!

    ReplyDelete