Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Time for a change...

Have you ever looked in the mirror or at a picture and not recognized yourself anymore? I have. I saw myself in a picture recently. I was a bridesmaid for my dear friend's wedding, and I was the biggest girl in the pictures! I hated seeing myself. I hated how I felt that day and how I looked. Comparing myself to the skinnier girls.... wondering how fat my arms looked.... yet glad that my stomach was hidden. I realized I don't want people to see me like this. Heck, I don't wanna see myself like this! I've been food blogging recently and love it so, but don't want to let it take me down. I have just been lazy lately, eating whatever I want and not thinking of the consequences, and not working out AT ALL! I've been paying monthly fees for the gym but haven't been getting my moneys worth. I have felt like a big fat failure, with no goals, no motivation, no ambition. I don't wanna be this way anymore. So I know it is time for this change...

So here I go. Embarking on this journey to finally loving myself. It's gonna be a long journey. A life long journey at that. I like my foods! I hate to exercise! But the only way I will ever be the way I want to be, is if I make some changes. No one else can do it for me. Only I can. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. They all say that, I know. But I hope this time that I say it... it is the truth.

Here goes nothin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment