Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Anotha day, anotha pound

Yesterday.... well I'm not too sure how I would say it went. I didn't really eat breakfast. For lunch, I had a turkey and egg sandwich with mayo. I didn't drink nearly as much water as I should have. I did work out, however. I ran on the elliptical for about 25 minutes for 2 miles. I think I burned about 290 calories or more doing that. Then I did some tricep and leg machines, and the crunches machine. I felt good about working out, but I feel like I ruined it by eating dinner so late. We had baked cod with parmesan sauce. Um delish. But the sauce was just cheese and whipping cream, so it was pretty high in calories I would say. It is so good, but did feel heavy as I ate it and made me feel bad for eating it. We had bought a package of 4 cod fillets, and we each were served two... but I only ate one so I'm glad about that. We had broccoli with a bit of parmesan cheese on top with a lemon butter sauce, but I didn't eat much of that because it was cold by the time I ate it. So I had a late and kind of heavy meal last night after feeling great about working out.

Another downside? I weighed myself at the gym before I left - after I had worked out - and it said I gained a freaking pound. I'm not gonna let that get me down. But it just reiterates how hard this is gonna be.


What I learned today -
  1. Don't eat so late!
  2. Don't eat two of anything if I don't need it!
  3. I need to pack my lunch!
  4. Working out makes me feel better about myself
  5. Don't go to the gym until after we eat dinner for two reasons - so we don't eat so late, and so the gym isn't as busy.
Today I can't get to the gym because I am going to a information session about grad school from 6 PM to 8 PM. I will still need to go home and cook and do laundry etc. so a trip to the gym is not in the works. But tomorrow definitely. I need to learn how to allot our time wisely to all of the things we want to do. We are trying to meal plan so that we eat healthier and spend our money better. So with going to the grocery sometimes, cooking, going to the gym, doing dishes and other cleaning, it doesn't seem like much time to do things we enjoy. I love my tv shows, so I need to be able to take time to watch some. Plus I need to clear up space on my DVR. At this rate, it's gonna be hard to record new shows because I am not getting rid of the old ones and clearing out space. Plus not to mention that I just need some time to do something I enjoy after working all day and then doing more things that I don't wanna do even after I get off work.

How do people do this? How do people with kids do this?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment